New Release: Real Resilience - Q&A with Author Selwa Berbawy Hamati

Selwa Berbawy Hamati

Author | Speaker | Certified Life Coach
 

Q. What is Real Resilience about?

A. This book is written to inspire and give practical tools to those who are ready to make a positive change in their lives. Many people have already headed in a new direction, and this pandemic has turned into their opportunity to reinvent themselves by changing their daily routines, priorities, and businesses or careers, and I share some of their stories. Someday when COVID-19 fades away, another virus or some other catastrophe can and will take place. I want people to learn how to be really resilient now to be prepared to handle whatever happens.

Q. What does resilience mean to you?

A. “Resilience: the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness.” This is the dictionary definition of resilience. Of course, I agree with that definition. I also believe that there’s more to this capacity to recover quickly—part of recovering is coming back stronger than before. So, resilience to me is the ability to make it through tough times and coming out the other end a better version of myself.         

Q. Of the tools provided in the book, which one is your personal favorite and why?

A. Persistence. This is my favorite because at times it may seem easier to just throw in the towel and call it quits. From my own experience, I KNOW how important it is to keep going; to persist—lest I stop “3 feet from gold” as the story in Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich goes.

Q. What is the best advice you can give others who are really struggling whether through a job loss, death from COVID-19, or any other negative impacts?

A. Grieve; feel the pain, and then get up and go again. Even if all you have is a baby step, take it. Know deep down inside that life goes on, but don’t go on without dealing with your pain.

Don’t be afraid to feel and grow.

Q. Where can people buy your book?

A. My website at www.Real-Resilience.com my publisher’s website at www.3LPublishing.com, Amazon print, Kindle, Nook, and Apple Books. To purchase a copy click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Can I Pick Your Brain?