352 Nutritional Challenge: Recipe #14 -- Sausage and Veggie Scramble

 

I like this dish because a. it's easy to make and b. a girl just likes to have eggs once in a while. I also really love buttermilk pancakes; but for today we're sticking to the eggs ... oh, and my new favorite sausage, mango and jalapeño Aiells sausage. Once you taste this sausage you will want to put it in many dishes. Again, please look at the ingredients on any sausage brand you select to ensure it has no preservatives. I am completely sold on avoiding ALL preservatives. 

So, I created this dish based on what I had in the fridge and my newly acquired "culinary senses," which you probably are wondering, what is that? I have this wonderful tip about using spices and combining tastes. Use your sense of smell. For example, in this dish I added Lawry's seasoning salt to herbs de Provençe. Since I wasn't sure it that was a good choice, I smelled each one and then nodded, yes. If you are trying new recipes and switching them up, use your "culinary senses" to ensure it works together.  

INGREDIENTS (FOR 2)

5 EGGS

2 SAUSAGES

1 ORANGE BELL PEPPER 

1 CLOVE GARLIC

1/2 CUP WHOLE MILK

2 TBSP BUTTER

2 TBSP OLIVE OIL

5 MEDIUM-SIZED MUSHROOMS

LAWRY SEASON SALT

FRESH GROUND PEPPPER

HERBS DE PROVENÇE

Step 1: Cut up your mushrooms and bell peppers into thin slices and set aside.

Step 2: Take a skillet, place the butter in it, turn stove to medium heat, melt butter, and add garlic. Stir it together. Now add 2 TBSP of olive oil.

Step 3: Crack eggs, beat, add milk, fresh ground pepper to taste, and herbs de Provençe, mix, and set aside.

Step 4: In the skillet with melted butter and garlic, add cut-up sausage, and cook for 2 minutes. 

Step 5: Add the bell pepper to sausage and cook another 1-2 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and cook another 1-2 minutes. 

Step 6: Pour egg mixture over the veggies and sausage, add more Lawry's season salt and herbs de Provençe to taste. 

Step 7: Fold and mix the egg with the veggies. Do not leave the stove (eggs will brown and burn fast). Keep folding and mixing until the eggs are cooked evenly and no runny eggs left. 

Serve and enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Can I Pick Your Brain?