352 Day Nutritional Challenge: Recipe #10 - Fall-off-the-Bone BBQ Spare Ribs

 

~ Syndee Hendricks


Any kind of BBQ ribs are my favorite since childhood. My mother had a restaurant that she started as a “Rib Shack’! On vacation she made ribs for a cousin who raved about her ribs they were that good. The cousin’s mate said those were the last ribs that would be made at that house! My favorite ribs today (besides mine) are from Back Forty in Roseville, California. 

 

INGREDIENTS

3 Pork Spare Ribs

1 Cup BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce or your favorite)

1/3 Sliced Onion

Spice as you like!

Bake at 350 degrees until done

 

~ Michelle Gamble

Syndee and I often cook together. This meal was a joint effort. Syndee asked me what I wanted with my ribs, and I went straight for carrots. I love carrots, and for the most part, carrots go with a lot of tasty meats. I steamed these carrots and ate them plain. To me, carrots are almost like dessert, because they taste sweet. The healthier your diet becomes, the more likely you are to have cleared your system of toxins. I know this will shock sugar addicts, but once you quit eating sugar, it's easier to enjoy the sweet flavor of fresh fruits and vegetables. 


And personally I adore mashed potatoes with almost any meal. Here is the key to keeping it healthier, don't use gravy. Instead do things like make garlic mashed potatoes. I keep my potato recipe simple, and here it goes:


INGREDIENTS (FOR TWO)

3 Medium-sized Red Potatoes (or you favorite kind)

1/2 Cup Milk

2 TBSP Real Butter

Pepper to taste (I like pepper in just about anything)

1/2 Fresh Garlic Clove


Step 1: Boil your potatoes for 45 minutes.

Step 2: Take a fork and test to see how soft.

Step 3: Put the potatoes in a medium mixing bowl.

Step 4: Use beaters to mash it down for 30 seconds.

Step 5: Pour the milk and cut up fresh garlic and add to the mixture.

Step 6: Beat and mix it altogether.


Now plate your ribs, carrots and potatoes, and you're done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Can I Pick Your Brain?