352 Day Nutritional Challenge: Recipe #19 - Tangy Sausage Fried Rice

 

Creating and sticking to the 352 Day Challenge has continued to prove my theory that taking preservatives and additives out of your diet not only helps your health, but also you get to enjoy the bonus side effect, weight loss. 

When I got serious about creating the Challenge, I still struggled with the last 5 pounds I wanted to lose. That "pesky 5," as we'll call it, just wouldn't drop. I could starve myself yet not melt off the last few pounds. 

After a month of really sticking to the Challenge and paying even more attention to the elimination of preservatives, chemicals, and other additives that most of the time I wonder why such things are in my food, I lost those 5 pounds. And the real kicker, I've never eaten such flavorful, yummy foods every single night. 

So, I am also learning great tips from my fellow Challenge mate, Syndee Hendricks. She taught me how to cook to layer flavors, which is a great idea. You can really taste each ingredient when you layer the flavor.  

So, today's recipe was based on creating a sausage stir fry, but the flavors got altered to what I have in my kitchen. How do I successfully figure out how to switch flavors? I use my sense of smell and an inner instinct to know what just doesn't taste good when mixed together. I can't teach you to use your senses, but try to help you to at least think about it when you cook. I can't say if it's an innate talent or just dumb luck lol... but it does work for me. So, here we go...

INGREDIENTS (2 PEOPLE)

PINEAPPLE SAUSAGE (3)

ASIAN WHITE RICE

1 TSP SALT

1/4 CUP HAZELNUT OIL

1 CARROT

1-INCH FRESH GINGER

1 PACKET OF CHICKEN BROTH (SAVORY CHOICE)

2 CUPS WATER 

1 LARGE EGG

1 GARLIC CLOVE

RED PEPPER FLAKES TO TASTE

3 TBSP SOY SAUCE

2 TBSP SESAME COOKING OIL

1. Prepare your white rice to bag's cooking instructions, but instead of just adding 2 cups water, add the Savory Choice chicken broth packet and mix together. Add 1 TSP salt. When it's cooked, take it and place rice in a pan, place in the fridge for 30 minutes.

2. Cut up carrot into small pieces. Do the same for the garlic clove and set aside. 

3. Hazelnut Oil into a wok or big pan. Turn on the oven to medium heat, add sausage and cook until each side of sausage is seared. 

4. In a small pan, add 2 TBSP of sesame cooking oil, carrots, garlic, fresh ginger, pepper flakes. Then push those ingredients over and add 1 large egg and scramble together.

5. Take the cold rice and fold into the sausage still in the pan. Then take the other mixture of the eggs and carrots, etc., and fold into the rice. Cook and stir it for about 2 minutes -- and you're done.

Bone Appetite!


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Can I Pick Your Brain?