352 Day Nutritional Challenge: Recipe #21 -- Easy Blackened Chicken Fettucini

 


When I'm tired the last thing I want to do is cook, which is the case for most people. However, I'm dedicated to doing my own 352 Day Nutritional Challenge, so no cheating with processed, quick foods. Thus, it's best to find a recipe that requires little effort to prepare, and this super delicious semi-blackened (to totally blacken it would introduce carcinogens, which we don't want to consume) chicken dish. 

Also, I love chicken of any kind. The "first white meat" is delicious in almost anything. And I admit I love blackened anything, too. So this dish is my perfect combination. 

When you can take shortcuts without compromising the Challenge's principles of eating fresh food without preservatives, do it. You can't always find these shortcuts, so take it where you can find it. To prepare my blackened chicken recipes, I used Cajun's Choice Blackened Seasoning and added some extra spices to it.  

INGREDIENTS (2)

CAJUN'S CHOICE BLACKENING SEASONING

1 TBSP THYME

FRESH GROUND PEPPER TO TASTE

 2 CHICKEN BREAST FILLETS

1/4 CUP OLIVE OIL

1 PACKET OF BUITONI FETTUCINI

1 CUP CARROTS

1/2 FRESH LEMON

PARSLEY 

1. Take Cajun's Choice and combine it with thyme and black pepper to create a rub. Then take your chicken breasts and cover them in seasoning. 

2. Pour olive oil in grill skillet. Pre-heat your skillet for about 15 minutes before you place the chicken breasts in it. Once pre-heated, put the chicken breasts in the skillet and cover with heavy skillet lid. Let sizzle on each side for about 5 minutes each side or until pink is gone from chicken breast.

3. While the chicken cooks, pour water into a big pot and boil the fettucini until al dente. Right before the fettucini finishes cooking, add carrots and squeeze fresh lemon into pot. Then add ground pepper to taste. 

4. Drain pasta and carrots and place it on your plate. Then take your chicken breasts and put on top of the pasta. 

See! Easy! Enjoy









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Can I Pick Your Brain?