352 Day Nutritional Challenge: Recipe #29 - Herb-Crusted Pork Chop and Basmati Rice


 If you've been reading along with the Challenge then you know I like to prepare simple recipes. After all, it's the end of the day and I am feeling brain dead, so simple is easy and gets in my tummy faster. 

Let's face it, I'm a meat-eater. I think going vegetarian is probably healthier, but my body says no to it. You have to listen to your own body when it comes to how you choose to eat or what kind of "eater" you'll be. For example, my daughter Cambria just doesn't like meat, period. She never has enjoyed it. Maybe it's just in the DNA, as some scientists suggest. On the other hand, I've always enjoyed meat. I do try to avoid steak and red meat, which isn't to say I don't ever eat it; I just don't eat it very often. 

So, this dish is for carnivores. Now you can choose just about any vegetable to go with this one. I would recommend a vegetable salad with fresh or organic ranch dressing. Carrots would make a nice vegetable side dish, too. You can select your favorite white rice, but I think basmati goes the best with pork. 

My boyfriend Ryan introduced my all-time favorite basmati rice from Royal. He sweetly brought over a bag for me to try it. This leads to a great comment about ensuring your loved ones and family members support your new eating lifestyle. Ryan is completely on board and even bought me brand new pots and pans, which was the best gift ever. You don't want well-meaning friends to bring over unhealthy foods and sweet temptations. 

INGREDIENTS

1 CUP BASMATI RICE

2 CUPS CHICKEN BROTH

1 TBSP BUTTER

2 PORK CHOPS

ROASTED GARLIC & HERB SEASONING (WEBER IS GOOD)

2 TBSP FLOUR

OLIVE OIL

1. In a pot, pour the chicken broth, add rice and butter. You can do a version of this with just water, but the chicken broth tastes great and it's not an overbearing flavor; it's subtle when you eat the rice. Let it boil until the rice is done, and then let stand with the lid on the pot.

2. In a small bowl pour the seasoning and flour together and mix. Then take the pork chops on a cutting board and generously coat them in the mixture.

3. Take a frying pan and generously coat the bottom with olive oil. Turn on heat and let heat up for 1 minute.

4. Take the pork chops and place them in the hot pan and allow to cook until the chop is white through and through. 

5. Pour your rice in a dish and add your chop! And that's it -- done!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Can I Pick Your Brain?