352 Day Nutritional Challenge: Recipe #27: Pollo Sazanado Vegetable Stir Fry

 

I am a fan of seasoned chicken breasts, and Pollo Sazando is my personal favorite. I like a saltier taste to my meat, and this satiates my taste buds. 

An important note about buying pre-seasoned meats: check the ingredients to ensure it's just meat and spices. I've always bought Western Pride brands, and before I began the Challenge I didn't think much about what went into it. I just liked the flavor. So, when I checked the label for Western Pride and found only natural, whole ingredients, I was pleased. I wouldn't have to give up my favorite chicken! 

I like the flavor of Pollo Sazando, and it's versatile enough to create many different dishes. Again, use your "sense" instincts to determine what it will taste great with. In this case I chose asparagus and mushrooms. This recipe is so simple and easy to make, you'll love it on those nights when you really don't want to cook, but want to stick to the Challenge.

INGREDIENTS

WESTERN PRIDE SEASONED CHICKEN BREASTS

1 CUP ASPARAGUS

1 CUP MUSHROOMS

AVOCADO OIL

1 TBSP LEMON PEPPER

1 TSP BLACK PEPPER (OPTIONAL)

1 CUP BASMATI RICE 

2 CUPS WATER

1 TBSP BUTTER 

1. Mix the rice, butter and water in a medium-sized pot and let it boil. Keep an eye on it, stir, and when it's solid rice, turn off the burner, and let it stand.  

2. Take a wok, add avocado oil, and chicken. Put on medium heat and constant stir until chicken is white on both sides. 

3. Add asparagus and cook with chicken for 1 minute. Then take mushrooms and add right before the dish is fully cooked. Spice the dish with lemon pepper and black pepper and mix in. 

4. Now take rice and pour on the bottom of your plate. Add the stir fry mixture -- and that's it! Quick, easy and flavorful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Can I Pick Your Brain?