352 Day Nutritional Challenge: Recipe #4 -- Farmer's Dinner Salad

By Syndee Hendricks


The prevalence of obesity in the United States through 2018 was 42.4%, according to the Center for Disease Control.
That is over a 12 percent increase since 2000! I am part of that statistic, and have struggled with weight since puberty! Darn that estrogen—it giveth and it taketh away! 

When Michelle and I first discussed creating a healthy recipe book, I was all over that! One of the things I enjoy doing is having a meal at a restaurant, and going home and recreating a healthier recipe for that meal to enjoy at home.

One of my favorite meals is a dinner salad with lots and lots of vegetables and a fruit with a light (well, most of the time) dressing. Check out your local farmer’s markets for organic and to find the freshest ingredients.

Here is the Farmer’s Salad:

2 Cups of your favorite greens: Spring Mix, Romaine, Or the lettuce bag of your choice!

One fruit of your choice: Mango, Berries, Pineapple, etc.

Meat (optional): chicken strips 

3 or 4 cherry tomatoes

¼ cup 3 Bean Salad, drained

¼ cup Boscoli Kalamato Olive Salad

Balsamic Vinegar salad dressing (Trader Joe’s is my favorite)

 

Enjoy!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Can I Pick Your Brain?