Monday Morning Coffee

Coffee meetings on Monday ... yes, got up early and actually got an early start to my day. Why is it we all resort to coffee meetings these days? It is as if Starbuck's was built just to provide a place for coffee meetings. No one ever suggest we meet at Denny's. Well, I take that back. I've had older clients actually suggest Denny's. The coffee and food at Denny's is awful. Thank goodness I do business with an older demographic. My next question is, of course, why coffee meetings? I do have a theory. Want to hear it? Of course you do (wink). I think it's because coffee is cheaper than lunch or the old martini meeting standby. (Remember when people actually smoked and drank alcohol to do business?) Lunch meetings can get pricey. Coffee, though, isn't cheap these days. I can get a flavored coffee and maybe a scone -- all for $10. Wow! Wait! Did you say $10? Yes, just for coffee and a scone. Isn't that ridiculous? Next it's going to be $20 for a gum ball. Ha! And that's your morning rant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Can I Pick Your Brain?