Hello Kitty, Mickey Mouse and Marketing

What does it say about me that I drink coffee out of a Hello Kitty mug on a Mickey Mouse coaster? I have no idea, but I thought it was amusing when I thought about it. No, I swear there is coffee in the mug and not hot coco LOL. Now I'm not opposed to hot coco, mind you, but it's too sweet and not my thing. I say bring on the mocha instead, but can I just complain for one moment ... what's with $3.50 for a Tall Mocha at Starbuck's. Wow! What a racket the Starbuck's corporation has created. Imagine your coffee costs almost as much as your lunch! Now this begs the question of market positioning ... yes, I had a point in here somewhere that related to business. Who do you want to be in the market? Do you want to be Mercedes or Ford, because at the end of the day, how you position your company is how you're perceived in the marketplace. Believe it or not, it is a choice and it's all done through your marketing and branding campaign. In my 3L Publishing world, I positioned the company to be high-quality products at a mid-range price. That way authors know they are going to receive the very best product at an affordable price, but by no means did I position the company at K-Mart or Wal-Mart prices. I do not want to be the K-Mart of publishers. While so many people like those K-Mart prices, the quality of the goods isn't so great. Ever washed a Wal-Mart shirt just once and seen the results? Just remember, you (as the business owner) decide how to position your company in the marketplace. The marketplace doesn't have to decide that for you. If you would like to do business with a company whose CEO is playful enough to drink coffee out of a Hello Kitty mug and loves Mickey Mouse, send us an email at info@3LPublishing.com or call 916-300-8012.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Can I Pick Your Brain?