Use Your "Corona-cation" to Write or Read


Since we have to stay home and weather this "storm" it's time to get to things you can do without leaving the house (and two of them benefit our industry) - write and read. You can treat this indoor lifestyle as an opportunity to get caught up on those things you can't always focus on.
 
Time to get back to writing, especially if you're accustomed to flying by the seat of your pants. Take this as an opportunity to lose that commute time to write. Most industries are asking their workers to work at home. When you lose that commute time, you'll find more time to do other things. How about using that extra time to finish your book?
 
I like to write in the late afternoons after I've finished my main project work. I used to commute at least 60 minutes total a day. Why not use those same 60 minutes as time just to sit down and work on your book. You can do it in the morning or late afternoon like I do.
 
If you already write as a career and don't want to spend your free time doing what you do all day (I feel you there) then time to get in some good reading. I admit leisure reading sorely lacks from my daily life. I feel too tired after reading all day. Take the downtime though to entertain your brain with some great fiction. Your reading material doesn't always have to be serious. Consider this early beach-reading fun. 
 
Now I'm going to play favorites from my catalog and recommend strictly leisure-reading fun (sorry nonfiction, maybe next week). These "fiction" books are the ones I just loved working on.
 
Public Affairs - Elizabeth Ferry-Perata - I loved working with Liz on this project. It's a multi-general book about two seemingly parallel love stories between Grandmother and Granddaughter. It's heartfelt and I promise plenty of tears and laughter. Buy at my "Corona-free" catalog: https://3l-publishing.myshopify.com
 
California Girl Chronicles - Brea's Big Break - I know this is gratuitous, but if you really don't want to read anything serious, check out the second book in my series about the young screenwriter Brea's mistakes with hot men. I like calling this series "bubble gum for the mind." I personally feel like book 2 is better than book 1. BUT, if you order book 2, I will throw in book 1 for FREE: https://3l-publishing.myshopify.com
 
Passenger from Greece by Norma Jennings - another great fiction romp. Ah, lust, love and international intrigue all thrown into a great emotional pleasure mix. Join Olivia as she gets involved with the "wrong" man Copies available at Amazon.


 
The Illustrated Hen by Scott Charles - for the more sophisticated reader. I'm going to put this right upfront so you'll exercise the patience to figure out the puzzle that is this book. Many readers don't always understand that like the famous movie The Sixth Sense you have to get to the end to "get it" - and it's worth the adventure: https://3l-publishing.myshopify.com
 
For more information, send an email to info@3LPublishing.com. Stay well!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

5 Great DIY Tips to Promote Your Book