Networking in LA LA Land

I'm heading to LA to the Emmy parties to network with Sonja Fisher this weekend. Networking in a new territory can be uncomfortable. I know a lot of people wouldn't do it at all. But you have to get outside of your comfort zone if you're going to succeed. I've heard you have to get out of this comfort zone daily. Of course, attending parties is usually a lot of fun, so twist my arm, right? I want to meet producers who can move my two projects -- Beauty School and California Girl Chronicles -- forward. The way I network here in town if I lived down in LA LA land, I would have already moved them forward. But I'm handicapped being so far from networking home base. So off I go. I will be sure to report back stupid celebrity stories. Celebrities stories are usually more entertaining and funnier than the norm because you get to add a pinch of narcissism and a dash of big ego to ratchet up the amusement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom