The Headless Shirt Men

New trend in Facebook "headless" shots. Guys using a chest-only shot without a head. I am completely mystified by this new way to include a profile shot? What is that about exactly? These shots are not shirtless, mind you. They are simple shots from the chest down. All of them are wearing shirts -- sometimes ugly shirts. My favorite was the "vintage" Le Tigre polo shirt (remember those). I don't get it. Why would you make your profile head shot headless? Isn't the profile picture supposed to let us know what you look like? I know some people use them to make statements about their personalities or looks, but how does a headless, chest shot convey either? Some of these shots aren't even good photos -- they are often dark, grainy, hard-to-tell-what-you're-looking-at pictures. The only thing your headless shot conveys to me is that you (a) don't know how to take a photo with your head in it (b) you take bad photos in general or (c) you're a tad bit strange.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Can I Pick Your Brain?