When it Comes to Writing Know What You Don't Know and Learn

I am very, very fortunate in that I am working with a tremendously talented individual to get the California Girl Chronicles pilot into shape. I just read the notes on it, and I have to say, it's a completely different take on what I wrote -- and that is a good thing. The one thing I learned a long time ago, know what you don't know and learn! Sometimes as we become more experienced with our writing and hone our skills, we get a little self-satisfied. You think, hey I've published some 35 books and sold two scripts. I should know this stuff already. Well, only a person with a lot of hubris and major ego thinks there is nothing else to learn. I used to play that game "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" (the board version) with my family and consistently won. No, not because I knew all of the answers. I knew I didn't know and was willing to admit it, and since I was playing against folks who actually might have had more knowledge, but who didn't know when to just ask for help, I won! You see how that works. So, here is the deal: respect those who know more than you do, listen, learn and win! See how that works when it comes to your projects. Only the fool doesn't know when to ask for help ... I'm just saying!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom