Networking Story

I have been networking and on the road again. Whenever I network I come up with plenty of stories to regale you with. So, here are this week's "highlight reel".

Watch Your Energy -- this one woman we'll call Pissed-Off Ponytail was standing around and grumbling. Turns out upon comparing notes with my girlfriend, Pissed-Off Ponytail also spread her joyous energy around the room. Yes, she liberally spread her negative ju-ju to everyone. So I was not the only subjected to her bad attitude. Here is the thing, if you're having a bad day just stay home. Your fellow networkers do, in fact, notice your angry countenance. I don't know about you, but I don't want to do business with someone whose favorite activity at an event was to fold her arms, stand in one place, and complain.

Watch Your Drinking -- a gal, who apparently sat and enjoyed one too many cocktails, talked to us about her project. She began discussing this weird idea to write this "non-gender-specific story" ... whatever that means. And apparently she came onto another gal earlier in the evening. She kind of sat with us and then sort of weaved off out the door. If you're going to drink during a mixer just stick to one drink. Drunken networking is never good for business.

How Much You Going to Put on Your Credit Card -- I had this guy blurt (where are his censors) something about how much money was I going to put on my credit card to fund California Girl Chronicles book tour. First, I'm confused ... why are we talking about my credit card and my finances for that matter? He pretty much hounded me until I tactfully shut him down. But really people, can we spell i-n-a-p-p-r-o-p-r-i-a-t-e? My company's financial plans are not up for public discussion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

5 Great DIY Tips to Promote Your Book

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011