My Favorite Fan Tumblr Blogs

I am learning so much about how to work with Tumblr and create a following for Brea's Blog. I am still learning, and I suspect I have a long way to go. In the meantime, I wanted to share a couple of tips and my favorite bloggers/blogs.

1. I noticed you need to find common ground and interests with your Tumblr "mates". I am a huge True Blood fan. I love other shows too, but the show has so many compelling characters that I find interesting to discuss with others. It is also based on Charlaine Harris' book series, which gives it even more fodder to discuss as opposed to just the TV show. So I started following some of the Tumblr blogs that focus more generally on the books and show than just an obsession with a single character on the show. Believe me when I say there are some serious (and I mean serious) fan sites on Tumblr. I want to comment on that for a moment. Wow! The amount of time some of these fan sites devote to their favorite actor just blows me away. I barely have time to keep my business and book marketing going let alone surf the Internet to amass some of the most obscure photos and information these sites gather. In some ways, I would find it somewhat overwhelming if I were one of those actors, but I digress ...

2. Participate in your community of interest. Once you start participating in your community of interest versus just blogging your own content you will start to attract followers. I'm not saying don't put good content on your site. I'm just suggesting that if you do run out of fresh material or ideas, go Tumble with your mates. You will enjoy the discussions too. I've found that the more literary-interested channels are in a small way like a book club. You get to dissect your favorite subject and hear some refreshing perspectives on the material. I am really enjoying that part.

3. Keep your content interesting, fresh and relevant. I had one person suggest I re-blog other Internet information. I prefer to write my own content or at least comment on the content provided. Since I am promoting my creative projects, I want to post material from those projects and provide commentary about it too. If you are a fan of my new book California Girl Chronicles, Brea's Blog is where you'll unearth many nuggets about book two and updates on the book's progress with Hollywood.

Now for my two favorite fan-specific Tumblr blogs:

Unreconstructed Fangirl -- this is devoted to being (what else) an authentic and very literate and intelligent "fan girl". She's quite a writer. Her snippets don't reveal her talent. Go read her entire "essays" (I guess you would call them that). I enjoy her analysis of her favorite characters among them Sookie and Eric from True Blood. She's really good! I have been thoroughly enlightened by her thoughtful dissection of the show. Thank you Fangirl for being such an intelligent fan!

Still Hidden or Irrelevant -- not sure what to call this Tumblr site. The icon says Still Hidden and the site says Irrelevant. Needless to say, this authors' comments are pretty far from irrelevant, if you ask me. This one contains another wealth of limitless discussions on a variety of topics, but it does tend to favor True Blood discussions. I love it. Again, anther big thank you to the authors for keeping it interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

5 Great DIY Tips to Promote Your Book

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011