I Smell a Rat Baby ...

So, in this recent small spat of mean-spirited critiques on my book from people who are such pussies they can't leave a legit name on these attacks, I decided to take a closer look at California Girl Chronicles. First, I am almost out of the first print run, and I thought this would be a very good time to assess it. I received some valued comments from some readers I respect. I decided I agreed with these educated and respectful opinions that were not delivered to me in a thinly veiled hate message. I actually got very excited to make these revisions. I love the fact that this information came to me right as I was preparing to do the print run to provide the books for the Oscar parties. As a writer, I also encourage my authors to do focus groups. I also think you have to open your heart to make changes that would improve your work. I don't think I am the last word on what makes a great story or even a great book. I'm fishing through creativity like the most of you.

One last note: please don't read California Girl Chronicles like it's meant to be some great literary achievement. It's not meant to be anything more than pure escapist fun. Readers who know me know very well that I have clearly said this from day one. I wrote the book to give people a couple of hours of good, old escape from real life. In that respect, it has done its job. Readers happily go off to Brea's make-believe wild world of fun and fantasy. If you read this book with the expectation that it's the next Catcher in the Rye, well, you will be disappointed, it's not. In fact, I had no idea it would be even get as much attention from Hollywood producers as it has received. The producers love the concept of Entourage meets Sex in the City. Their interest has been happy fallout from the book. Finally ... word to the mo' fo' ... if you're going to have the nerve to slam my book with your "righteous" knowledge of grammar how about you spell the word grammar right. Just saying ... Oh, and maybe add your real name too! What's the words to that song: "I smell a rat, baby."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

5 Great DIY Tips to Promote Your Book

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011