Learn to Work the Laws of Attraction

I know The Secret is passé. Fad over, right? Wrong. The Laws of Attraction are always at work and when you learn to use them, you will be nothing short of amazed at the results. Sonja Fisher, my friend and actress, and I are working on several different angles to move two critical projects forward -- Beauty School, my comedic script, and California Girl Chronicles, my new book series about the romantic misadventures of young woman trying to break into Hollywood as a screenwriter. Both projects are moving forward very nicely. Remember, your goals are a part of a journey, and it's a process to achieve your goals, as I have been taught be the amazing and great Wayne Kurtz, author of Beyond the Iron. Hey, if the man can participate in an ultra-deca triathlon, he knows what he's talking about. Well, Sonja and I have been pursuing some key avenues to get the film and book produced. We're making some amazing strides each and every day. One of our goals is to attach my favorite actor Alexander Skarsgård to the project (P.S., that is an excellent way to help move a script along with the money people attach a name right from the beginning).

Yes, yes, girls the man is definitely eye candy, but also he can act. If you really want to see a sensitive performance, catch him in Melancholia under the new movies section on demand. I personally love him pre-True Blood in the mini-series Generation Kill. Again, anyone who can express emotions without saying words, wins in my book. Watch his expression when he realizes he gave the order that resulted in his underling shooting a civilian child. He looks like he's going to cry, but of course, he doesn't (he's a Marine after all) but those eyes water and he looks miserable over it. Well, I read that he doesn't want to be typecast as the good-looking, sexy guy and would like to take broader roles and maybe play the weird, little sidekick. Well, then Mr. Skarsgård guess what we have for you? Bo is the weird, little sidekick in our movie Beauty School. Upon first glance, I wondered if he could pull that off. So, I went and reviewed him in the minor role of Meekus on Zoolander. Sold! Great stupid, geeky performance and let me just point to the orange hair and lime-green jumpsuit as the worst look of the decade yet there our guy was "working" his comedic chops. Hilarious! I don't drink Orange-Mocha Frappacinos or even Frappacinos, but I will never think of that word quite the same again.

So what's the real lesson here under reviewing a bunch of shows? Well, Sonja and I have been using the Laws of Attraction rather well. Sonja got hounded to do this audition that she missed. Most of the time, you are not hounded to do auditions, which was strange in and of itself. During the course of that conversation, she mentioned our projects and intentions. Guess what? Her guy knows Alexander's father Stellan Skarsgård (anyone remember he was in Good Will Hunting?). The short story here, Laws of Attraction paying off. I have deliberately done my research and homework here. I also created my own vision board of sorts. I took a Men's Health issue in which Alexander is on the cover and put my book California Girl Chronicles over the top (did not cover the face) and have left it on my desk for weeks untouched. And here we are! Two degrees of separation from our goal! Amazing how that goes. We also have a possible in at CAA for the book, which is also the same agency that reps Alexander. All roads are winding toward that goal. Sonja is going to give her contact the script. And I'm going to push my angles too. We'll get there.

Lesson: Don't disgard the power of the Laws of Attraction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom