Generation Kill: Dress Blues with a Sword


I LOVE great dialog. The wittier and more clever, the better. So, for the sake of imparting great wisdom on amazing dialog, I'm going to post some segments of dialog that just, in my less than humble opinion, rocked! This little bit comes from the amazing HBO mini series, Generation Kill. Enjoy!

Lance Cpl. Harold James Trombley: Sergeant, I didn't get to shoot!
Cpl. Josh Ray Person: That fucking sucks, Trombley. Did your recruiting officer tell you you'd get to shoot people?
Lance Cpl. Harold James Trombley: Fucking A he did!
Cpl. Josh Ray Person: See, Trombley asked about shooting people. I asked about pussy. The guy told me I'd get to go to Thailand, get all kinds of strange. What'd you ask about, Brad? Brad probably saw that T.V. commercial, the one with the knight that fucks up the dragon then turns into the Marine.
Cpl. Walt Hasser: Woo woo! Dress blues with a sword!
Cpl. Josh Ray Person: Fucking dress blues commercial man. That got so many fucking guys. Now look at us: Trombley hasn't killed anybody, I'm half a world away from good Thai pussy, and Colbert is out here rolling around fuckbutt Iraq, hunting for dragons in a MOPP suit that smells like four days of piss and ball sweat.
Lance Cpl. Harold James Trombley: Nice.
Cpl. Josh Ray Person: You should have rolled into battle with a sword, Brad. That would've fuckin' rocked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

New Book Release -- Better Dirty Than Done