Breaking Dawn or Rosemary's Baby?

All right ... ick! I was rallied to finally watch the new installment of the Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, Breaking Dawn. I am so sorry all of you ardent and zealot Twilight fans, but no go! This movie was slow, tedious and ridiculous as we spent about 50 percent of the story awaiting (oh horror), the demon baby to emerge. I felt like I was on a bad trip into an updated version of Rosemary's Baby, which was actually a better movie. I guess if you like your vampire stories like cotton candy and bad CGI then this movie would work for you. I know it's designed for teen entertainment, but let me say this: the sex was graphic enough that although I allowed my 14-year-old to see it when it was released in the theaters, I kind of regretted it when I laid eyes on the actual scenes. Short of body parts on display, it was pretty obvious what Bella and Edward were doing on their wedding night. Since it's new on DVD, I don't recommend it. I don't recommend it for the teens and I don't recommend it with anyone with a brain cell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

5 Great DIY Tips to Promote Your Book

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011