Eric Northman Voted Top #10 Vampires ... and Gotta Respect the Track Suit

I noticed on Skarsgardnews that my resident favorite vampire Eric Northman on True Blood got voted in the top 10 favorite vampires. As I have more than amply said, the Viking is my favorite character from 2011 and possibly one of my favorite all-time characters. I also smiled over the reference that he is the best vampire in a track suite, too. I guess unlike Dracula, his tastes in men's fashions don't involve a cape. Well, I do think I should point out that he likes to spend a lot of time in racer-back T-shirts and tanks too. If we're going to critic the wardrobe, my favorite outfits appeared in Season 3 when he dons various Talbot-influenced garbs including the oh-so-popular blue-green sweater and the famous brown-stripped shirt he ultimately disrobes from to reveal, a-hem, his very nice body when he seduces and kills Talbot. Hey, do you suppose Talbot's choices in designer clothes has anything to do with his name and the famous women's clothing store? Hmm ... I digress.

Now why is Eric Northman my favorite vampire of all time despite him only being listed in the top 10? Here are my reasons:

  • I am not even a vampire fan in the first place, and yet I love Eric Northman.
  • He does everything quietly and with great force and power.
  • He's actually a "good" vampire underneath all that fang and blood stuff.
  • His love and passion for Sookie and his true sweetness toward her are ... ahhh ... squee!
  • And yes! The man can wear the hell out of a great dark-blue or black track suit.
Now for my readers wondering what any of this happens to do with literature, publishing, books or fiction? Well, it's all fiction, isn't it? And if you're a writer aim high. If you can write a character as fantastic and interesting as Eric Northman then you have a hit! As does Alan Ball with True Blood and Charlaine Harris with the Sookie Stackhouse series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom