Now why is Eric Northman my favorite vampire of all time despite him only being listed in the top 10? Here are my reasons:
- I am not even a vampire fan in the first place, and yet I love Eric Northman.
- He does everything quietly and with great force and power.
- He's actually a "good" vampire underneath all that fang and blood stuff.
- His love and passion for Sookie and his true sweetness toward her are ... ahhh ... squee!
- And yes! The man can wear the hell out of a great dark-blue or black track suit.
Now for my readers wondering what any of this happens to do with literature, publishing, books or fiction? Well, it's all fiction, isn't it? And if you're a writer aim high. If you can write a character as fantastic and interesting as Eric Northman then you have a hit! As does Alan Ball with True Blood and Charlaine Harris with the Sookie Stackhouse series.