The Strangest Contest: The Girl Who Takes the Best Drugs Sleeps with the Guy

“You came in with Drew?” she asked or said, whichever, because it sounded more like a statement to me since it was obvious who I had walked in the door with.
“Um, yes,” I said as I turned toward her.
“Yeah, I screwed him last time his band played on the Strip,” she said matter of fact like she was admitting she had just eaten a Big Mac, which unhinged me a little. “You want some X?” she asked as she extended the baggy with pills out toward me. “It will make your sex with him way better!”
I wanted to be sarcastic, but it wasn’t her fault he was a male ho-bag and she was a drug-using slut — or maybe it was her fault, that is, the drugs and slut part. “No thanks,” I replied.
“OK, but you know Drew likes drugs, right?” she said as if she and Drew were best buddies.
I really didn’t know what to make of this whole scene. Did she really know Drew? Or was this some kind of strange contest where the girl who takes the best drugs sleeps with the guy?

California Girl Chronicles is now on sale for $19.95 for the hard-cover edition while supplies last. You can purchase it on the 3L website until the end of October. It will be available on Amazon in November as an eBook or soft-cover edition. 

If you have read the book, please help us create a buzz around it. Tell your friends about it and tell them where they can get their own copies!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

New Book Release -- Better Dirty Than Done