Paparazzi Parade

I read this comment yesterday that if you're on Twitter, people can follow you -- and when I say follow what I really mean is stalk! This social media expert was discussing how she would know exactly where someone was if he or she just Tweeted every day. I didn't realize you could figure out the person's location just by where they Tweeted. Is this true? And how? It elevates social media to a whole new level of stalker-azzi. I also was reading about paparazzi, and how now A-list stars' everyday activities can be captured nearly live, from getting up to eat breakfast in some random cafe to where they hang out and what they do all day. It didn't exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy toward the idea of fame in the modern world. How seriously unsettling would it be that you could literally be stalked all day long? Doesn't sound the least bit enticing to me. I don't see this improving anytime soon, and it begs the question of privacy. I suppose you might not want to Tweet or Facebook for that matter if your posts trigger your location day in and day out. As for me, I'm going to stay behind the scenes and work on my books and screenplays and run 3L Publishing. Yeah, it's all fun and games until you're being stalked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom