You Sunk my Battleship!

I read yesterday on my Google Alerts that the popcorn flick Battleship tanked. The $200-million budget coupled with the reality that it did not soar to no. #1 on the box office charts makes it one of those movies that I'm sure executives pray DVD and Blu Ray sales will help recoup some losses. Now no offense to  my favorite Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgard, who plays the more solid brother to the wayward rogue brother, but I just have to say a movie about battleships and aliens isn't exactly how I might have envisioned this "board game" turned movie. The only reason I will eventually see it is because I am a Skarsgard fan and will support his work. Otherwise, I would never have bothered. I really don't know why there was a need to deviate from a traditional story about "sinking battleships" to aliens vs. ships. Right from the get-go, I thought the premise was sort of an odd combination kind of like popcorn and steak. So it comes as no surprise that that movie went down the drain budget-wise (notice my little water play on words LOL ... sorry it's just too easy). I know sometimes decisions get made like, "Hey Bob you know movies about aliens made a fortune last year." "Oh yeah, they did." "And you know movies like Transformers do well so hey let's try something like that ..." or some such oddball combination of thoughts that lead down the garden trail to big, bad and horrible movies. Oh well ... as long as no one tries taking Candy Land and putting little children in the gum drop forest only to be sucked dry like Capri pouches by the latest vampire craze, and we're all good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

5 Great DIY Tips to Promote Your Book

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011