Favorite Lovers on Page and Screen

Today is really a day to celebrate love. So, I thought it would be fun to post my favorite lovers from both page and screen. Here are my favorite lovers and why I love to love them.

Eric Northman and Sookie Stackhouse -- yes, of course they are my favorite. They are the two lovers you long to see together in both the TV series and books. In both the books and series, the minute they lay eyes on each other, the sparks the fly. I think in the TV series they spend more time staring at each other with lust in their eyes (and there is a another phrase for that ... but I'll be polite, it's Valentine's Day). The natural chemistry between Anna Paquin (Sookie Stackhouse) and Alexander Skarsgard (Eric Northman) cannot be tamed. Even when Sookie is supposed to be with Bill Compton, we're still secretly wishing she would get on with Eric Northman already. The very first "real" kiss on the porch is electric in Season 4. When they finally kiss, my heart nearly jumped up into my chest (for real). When they make love for the first time on banks of some kind of meadow, oooh la la is the only appropriate expression for the sexiest scene ever. I couldn't keep my eyes off them. Yes, I replayed it LOL. And maybe replayed it ... again. That's okay girls, we can admit we enjoyed it. While we all wait for Season 5 to begin, most of us are secretly hoping our star-crossed lovers will find their way back to each other. I know this for a fact!

Brea and Kale -- yes, this one is gratuitous no doubt. I can say that while I've worked on numerous fiction projects over the year, the love story and the characters of Brea and Kale in California Girl Chronicles come to life for me, too. Even as the author, I just adore these two characters as do many of the book's fans. Brea on her own is my favorite fictional character, period. I even had her birth chart done by a friend of mine and you would be shocked at its accuracy for an "imaginary" girl. I just like her "vibe" when I write her. She's fun and feisty, and when you put her with Kale, she is fun and funny and sexy, too. Kale is the nice guy producer the girl's swoon over, because he is just decent, kind and nice, and who doesn't like that -- and his love for Brea. While I've thrown a serious wrench in their romance where it goes from here we don't know (I do), but no matter what it will be a wild ride, I promise. And in book two, you get to meet the Energizer Bunny character, Ryan. Ryan has his own story to tell, and it's going to be fun, too. P.S. I'm running a Valentine's special of 30% off the book on my website at www.3LPublishing.com.

Nucky Thompson and Margaret -- these two are sort of enigmatically screwed up. I still don't have my finger on the pulse of Margaret in Boardwalk Empire. Is she good? Does she really love Nucky? Is she conniving? Then we have Nucky, who does have a heart for Margaret right from the start. He has the same mysterious energy. You don't know for sure what he thinks or feels. The edginess in their relationship is what makes them so intriguing. After Margaret gives away the precious road land at the end of Season 2, we're left wondering: will he kill her? Will he forgive her? What is he going to do to her? I can't imagine it's going to be all hearts and flowers for these two in Season 3.

Ray and Tonya -- I know, they aren't exactly lovers on Hung. They do, however, have this warm, nice and gentle love between them. They are loyal and sympathetic to each other. Even when the chips are down, they always come to each other's aid and ultimately stand by each other's side. They also have a palpable energy between them where you want them to be together. They're not supposed to be the central couple on the show yet I was secretly rooting that they would realize that they had the best relationship on the show. You want Ray and Tonya together, because their chemistry is warm and soothing and that of true friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom