Ambush Sales is a Big No, No

When you want to sell something to a prospect, here is the number rule: Don't be disingenuous in way, shape or form. Always be honest and open about your intentions even if you think the person will say no. First, you have to respect your prospect's time. For example, if you ask for a meeting and you vaguely reference what it's about that is a big no, no. You ask for a meeting and you say to discuss X. You don't ask for a meeting and make no reference to what it's about. That is what I call an ambush. If you want to meet with me to discuss "how we can do business together" and I have no idea what you mean by that and you want to either get a job or sell me something, this is not the right way to do it. You tell me what you're interested in discussing -- direct, honest and to the point. If I'm interested I will agree to meet you. I've had the "ambush" meeting request several times, and the moment I sense a lack of honesty, I know it's because someone is trying to manipulate me into meeting with them. If I sense at all some kind of strange manipulation, I'm out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom