Hybrid Publisher -- a new term that was coined to define the difference between a traditional publisher, self-publisher and hybrid publisher. A hybrid publisher combines the best of traditional publishing with self-publishing. The main difference between a hybrid and traditional publisher is that the author pays to have his or her manuscript published in exchange for extremely high royalty rates that range from 35 to 75 percent (traditional publishers typically pay 10-12 percent). A hybrid publisher vets each manuscript and decides based upon quality of writing and the marketplace demands who to publish. A hybrid publisher offers all of the same benefits as a traditional publisher, including distribution and fulfillment of orders into bookstores, Amazon and other online providers and eBook conversion and publishing for Kindle, Nook and iBook.
Why chose a Hybrid Publisher over a Self-Publish Model?
As an author, please know it's a full-blown BUSINESS.
- Are you prepared to hire a graphic designer and editor?
- Do you understand production?
- Are you prepared to vet your printer to ensure your end result is a quality book?
- Do you understand distribution?
- Can you even get your single book distributed through outlets like Baker and Taylor (the answer is typically "no")?
- Do you have time to fulfill orders?
- Do you know how to market and promote your book?
- Do you know who to hire to promote your book?
- Do you know what you need collateral-wise to promote your book?
- Do you even know what is collateral material for the press? And I could continue ...
If you intend to publish a successful book, you need to know the answers to those questions. If you don't know the answers to those questions, then you hire a Hybrid Publisher to do it for you. Publishing, book promotion and sales is an entire business venture. Do you have a day job? Most likely you do. Do you have time, knowledge and resources to run a whole other business on the side? I would wager not likely.
Hire a company like 3L Publishing (www.3LPublishing.com), and you don't have to know any of those answers or be able to provide any of those services -- we do it all for YOU. For more information, send an email to info@3LPublishing.com or call 916-300-8012.