Three Tips to Keep Your Business Successful

Sitting here thinking, "What am I going to blog about this morning?" Hmm ... not sure what to talk about. I try to keep my morning routine and blog each day about the same time of day. I get asked all of the time how I can be such a workhorse? The key, in my opinion, is routine. I have set amounts of time in which I have specific activities. I typically blog and handle social media in the mornings when I feel fresh and ready to dump my thoughts onto the page. (You see the strategy to get moving is to just start typing and see where your fingers go all on their own.) I have friends who are self-professed "fly-by-the-seat-of-their-pants" workers. They live in the moment. And, in part, there is something to be said about "flying high," but in order to get a lot done in an orderly fashion, you've "got to pin those pants to a clothes line" LOL. I think spontaneity in my personal life is fun and a little insane at times; but when it comes to running a business, it requires discipline and hard work -- and a routine if you want to get stuff done on a regular basis. When I have a huge amount of work going on, I keep my routine in place. I also set specific goals and I don't quit work until those goals are achieved.

So, here are my top tips to keep your business flowing:

Tip 1 -- Keep the routine: assign yourself tasks to do every day at the same time. Once you have a routine in place it becomes like riding a bike -- you don't think about it anymore you just do it.

Tip 2 -- Set Daily Goals: I keep a calendar on my desk with my daily list of goals. I use that calendar and keep writing down goals throughout the week for certain days. When the goals are accomplished I check them off. If I don't finish a goal, I move it to the next day. If I achieve all my goals for the day, I give myself a break and do something fun. You have to treat yourself, too.

Tip 3 -- Discipline: For some people discipline is a tough one. Distractions rule their lives. I always suggest you have a set work time and space away from distractions. Don't keep a lot of clutter on your desk. Don't have a TV in the room where you work. Know what distracts you and keeps you from working and move it out of sight so it doesn't call you like a siren to the "I-can't-get-it-done" rocks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom