Waxing Nostalgic on a Thursday Morning

I don't know why but lately I have been charmed by memories of my childhood. If you're Gen X then you probably share some of my fantastic memories of my days gone by. Plus, I am taking tomorrow off, so this is really my "Freaky" Friday :) blogging session. So, let's walk down memory lane, shall we?


Ladies, remember these pants? We ALL had to have the saddle-back stitched butt LOL. Oh no! You absolutely could NOT have the knock-offs. It had to be real Dittos and the saddle-back butt was the no. #1 version every girl and her friend Friday had to have in her wardrobe. And we had every color under the rainbow, and for pants, these suckers were expensive. So, in my house where we grew up with a modest income, it was a begging session to get Mom to buy a pair. All the girls compared colors, and we all just wore them to death. 


Jolly Rancher Candies
How many of you out there remember those "sticks" that came in such delightful flavors such as watermelon, grape, sour apple and strawberry? In Town and Country Village, the 5 and Dime Store had a candy rack in the front, and they sold typically grape and apple. Watermelon was a little harder to find and when it would pop up, I was beyond delighted to get my hands on that flavor. We also found them in the little store along Highway 108 toward Sonora in the blimp of a radar town, Strawberry. I remember pealing slowly down the plastic wrapper and licking and licking away until the hard candy thinned to a mere sheath and then, "crunch!" And peel and onto the next lick toward the bottom. I would make mine last for days ;). Well! I went online and they apparently still sell these sticks ... my boyfriend Kirk Donnelly will flip when I buy the box LOL ... just for fun, of course.

P.S. what any of this has to do with publishing, I couldn't tell you LOL. It's called pure entertainment friends. Every once in a while, I have to at least entertain myself.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom