True Blood: The Countdown is On to Season 5

Now HBO is releasing the trailers and glimpses into Season 5 of True Blood. The focus seems to mostly be on the release of the infamous, terrorizing and crazy Russell Edgington. This week's "Waiting Sucks" showed Eric questioning his progeny Pam's loyalty and her demand that if he doesn't trust her to release her. Yeah, this looked like pretty good stuff to me. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to Sunday nights again. The new season starts on June 24. Much like my all-time favorite shows which include Friends, Seinfeld, Sex in the City, Entourage and Sopranos, I will eagerly sit and watch new episodes. I haven't been addicted to a great comedy in the long time.


Friends provided many great memories for me, too. I used to shut out the house and every Thursday night watch it mostly alone and crack up. You know what cracking up sounds really, really great right about now. I need a really fantastic, deep laugh. Believe it or not, True Blood doesn't crack me up as much as I love the fantastic one-liners. I always admire great writing. It gives me a benchmark to go for.

Speaking of writing, I am very close to releasing to producers the California Girl Chronicles pilot episode. I am excited about it. I had a lot of fun writing it. It was something that for the first time in weeks, I was able to block out my thoughts, concentrate, and just go for it. Other writers can probably relate to this: when I write I am out of body and feels darned fabulous. I am unfortunately one of these people who is always all up in her own head. I have also been working with an amazing screenwriting coach to fine-tune the project. If you have the chance to read someone's work who is as accomplished as my coach, you can immediately see the difference. I am a produced screenwriter myself, but I don't have nearly the breadth of experience. I have the book format down perfectly, though (go to the 3L Publishing).

Okay, so you all want to know the best things about living in Marina del Rey? Let's start with the fundamental basics. The temperature is near perfect around here: warm in the day and cool at night. I don't have to turn on my air conditioner or heater (electric and gas bills will be really cheap). Because I live a block from the ocean, I don't suffer LA smog. The ocean breezes blow that crap inland. When I sit by the pool and look up, I see perfectly blue skies. In fact, over the weekend the sky was a magnificent clear blue and perfectly cloudless. Where I live, it's perfectly quiet except for the occasional sound of neighbors, which I don't mind, because it comforts me I am not alone. I never feel nervous being alone here either. In my old house I hated being alone at night. Everything I need is in walking distance so I never have to drive, because I run the business from home. So, you see! All good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom