Life's Too Damned Short!

Up at the crack of dawn with my fiancé Kirk Donnelly, who (e-gads) has a corporate job. I am quickly reminded how glad I am that I don't have to get in my car and drive anywhere. My morning routine consists of "button pressing" (on my instant coffee machine) and a walk to the computer in the next room. Although I am super excited I got patio furniture that is perfect for working on the laptop outside come warmer weather. And, and we got wind chimes and particularly glass wind chimes to listen to the glass "tinkle" with the sway of the wind. Are you all wondering yet, "Is she going to tell us something useful or not?" Okay, okay, I'll tell you something useful (unless of course you got the subtext of this blog) ... carve out your life the way you like it! Yes, it IS possible. I am constantly trying to get people to understand they don't have to be a "slave" to anything other than their own senses of slavery. I wrote about titled Second Bloom: 10 Steps to Reinvent, Rejuvenate and Realize a New Life. I, too, used to be a corporate drone and slave to the man and machine. One day I woke up and thought, "Life's too short" and I've gone by that mantra for several years now. Life is too darned short. One day you wake up and realize half your life is gone and you haven't really lived it! You've clocked in and out, and all those childhood dreams never come to fruition ... sad, sad, sad.

I recently confronted this fact again in my personal life and even more recently with a new challenge. I am taking a 45-day book tour that will take me away from my beloved fiancé and children. Well, it's a make or break for an important 3L Publishing book, Vengeance is Now by Scott D. Roberts, that without the support won't meet its potential. I had to sit down and do some critical thinking -- and with my own book California Girl Chronicles (book 2) ready to fly out the chute, I thought, now is the time. Sometimes you bite the book (LOL) and go for it ... "life's too short." Don't let fear hold you back. Don't let worry hold you back. You have to have trust, faith and moxy. Go for it! A go-for-it attitudes is a winner. And here is how I looked at it: I will either have a marvelous cross-country experience and create a best-seller OR I will have a marvelous cross-country experience -- either way: win! Win! You have to love life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom