Sell Your Book with Your Winning Personality!

I don't know what it is about some of those folks who dwell in the sub-culture called Author-Dom. Now the vast majority I meet are really terrific, open and interested full of questions to which I try to answer. Then exists another strata where they act pretentious and irritated that I don't think the next best-seller is standing in front of me. This attitude embraces arrogance and entitlement. I don't know if they're trying to overcome low self-esteem and pump up their chests to make some sort of statement about their skill levels or they're just obnoxious. For those of you who approach me with the attitude, "I am published hear me roar," and you want to work with 3L Publishing, please be advised. I am sizing you up too. I don't work with people I don't like. You could hand me a $1 million and that would not solve my desire to not work with Mr. or Mrs. Full of Themselves. Entitlement and obnoxious behavior includes the following: talking down to me, just because you're published (did you not see the table full of books in front of you?); name dropping famous people you think will impress me (I know famous people too ... so what?); and acting generally over impressed with yourself (whatever). Just be respectful when you speak to me. Realize I didn't just drop off the author turnip truck and don't boost about your overly punctuated writing skills and then ask me (as you lean over my books), "Do you write, honey?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

New Book Release -- Better Dirty Than Done