"If You Can't Say Something Nice Don't Post It on My 'Wall'"

I don't know why I am still shocked when people are just so rude for no good reason. For our radio show First Word Radio, I recently had a random, rude comment posted on Facebook that cited the show as the worst show ever. I sort of knew the "friend's" name and was shocked. It was a pointless comment from a guy I hardly knew. First and foremost, it's my Facebook Wall you're pretty much defacing with "graffiti". Second, no one is forcing you to listen to the show. It's a show we do as a marketing and entertainment tool for my company 3L Publishing. We do it for fun and to promote other authors. We're up to between 1,000-2,000 listens per show. If people happen to like it and apparently some seem to enjoy it then bravo and yaye! We're not asking for anyone's approval anyway. If you don't like it, that's cool and no problem. But I do have a problem when someone blatantly goes out of their way to post some mean-spirited message on my "Wall" on my Facebook page. I especially find it offensive, because it's just pointless and mean. Well, the so-called "friend" immediately got blocked. And let me give you a piece of advice. If you're going to post negative comments on someone's Facebook Wall, expect to be blocked. Facebook and social media are designed to connect people and help them network. In my opinion, posting negative comments on someone's Wall is only making YOU look bad. If you're using social media to build your network, be careful what you do. It affects your brand and image. Posting negative stuff anywhere for no obvious reason will lead to aforementioned blocking -- and a block coming from a business leader in your community isn't going to help build your business. So just remember what your mama used to say, "If you can't say something nice don't post it on someone's Wall" LOL ... well, that is a slight twist on the saying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom