How Do You Stay Organized?

I think organization is the foundation to success. How are you supposed to run a business when you're unorganized? You wouldn't be able to find stuff on-the-ready. You wouldn't be able to keep track. Now I am not an attention-to-detail girl. I have an operations manager who keeps her finger on the pulse of the little things. She manages our office activities and keeps the royalties accurate and on track. She is great at keeping the foundation of my company 3L Publishing firm and holding. But when it comes to personal organization, I think it's critical to keep my own activities on track. Here are a few tips to help you stay organized:

#1 Calendar -- you can't beat a calendar. I live and die by my calendar. It helps me do two critical things: first, I use it to track appointments. Second, I use it to break my goals into bite-sized pieces. So, each day I itemize goals to accomplish and then check them off. I actually write on my calendar (I know, so analog, right). Did you know that by writing your lists you reinforce your goals in your brain. The act of writing reinforces what you're doing. So don't pull out your iPhone just yet. An old-fashioned desk calendar is great. As stuff comes up, I write it down. I also write down weekly goals and then daily goals. I get asked all of the time how I accomplish so much for just one person. Well, organization is the linchpin to success.

#2 De-clutter the "cludge" -- I am a neatness fanatic. Part of organization is keeping things orderly. I don't let stuff pile on my desk. Why is this important? I always find that the more chaos around me; the more it causes distractions and keeps me off my goals. So make sure you clear off your desk and keep few distractions. Make sure you also have a proper order and place for everything, from filing cabinets to in-boxes.

And if you can't figure out how to get organized, I suggest you hire an organizer. I have worked with some terrific organizers, and you can't begin to understand their value until you've used one. An organizer can help you pull your literal "life" in order. If you want a reference for a good one, send me an email to info@3LPublishing.com. I will send you contact information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom