California Girl Chronicles - Book 1

My new novel California Girl Chronicles: Brea and the City of Plastic is finished and in production. I am over the moon and thrilled. I have been pitching Advanced Review Copies and so far it has been a major home run. In fact, I got the editor over at Newsweek to laugh and requested a copy. I got the New York Times to (finally) respond with submission guidelines, and the Sacramento Bee and San Francisco Book Review also asked for copies. To your left is the early prototype of the book cover. My longtime friend and graphic artist Erin Pace is working on some refinements to it, so this isn't quite the final, but I was so excited to see it come to life, I wanted to share. Our joke was that Erin needed to work on the "boob job," meaning (a-hem) give her bust some assistance. We'll be adding endorsements too. Now my favorite endorsement comes from Cheryl Mullick, dear friend and part of my focus group, who said, "Dirty girl! I love it." That statement made me laugh aloud. The book is randy, hot and sexy with a very engaging story line that will suck you in and keep you wanting more. Other comments are about the cliffhanger and wanting to know the what's next. I again laughed. It is a sexy series, so my readers will have to wait. Book 2 won't come out until summer 2012 -- sorry. I know what my romantic heroine's next moves will be, but you will have to wait. In the meantime, we are hosting a launch party in October here in town at one of my client's brand new restaurants, and Sonja Fisher is pulling together an LA launch party too. Sonja and I are also putting together the series treatment and developing a pilot to pitch to HBO. Her agents are already jazzed up. Here is my prediction: This is going to be huge! So stay tuned. You may be privy to the making of the next big thing! How fun is that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

5 Great DIY Tips to Promote Your Book

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011