It's all about the lessons my friends ... so here we go:
1. Always take the high road and do what is best for the kids.
2. Give yourself some breathing room before you get into a new relationship.
3. Remember, you are in charge of your dating life.
4. Create standards for yourself and then stick to them.
5. Create boundaries for yourself and then stick to them.
6. Do not allow your ex to continue to treat you like his wife (you aren't anymore).
7. Any man who doesn't care enough to show up whether it's a date or someone who purports to be your friend isn't really your friend.
8. Make a decision and learn to hold your ground.
9. Everyone deserves to be loved right.
10. Always take the high road.
And the last word on life in general ... let go of control. You have no control over anything but your behavior and reactions. What the other person does isn't within your power to control it. Don't try to force things ... let it flow. And then jump in the current only if you want to be in it.