Publisher's Pick for 2014: Nonfiction: In the Footsteps of Greatness

Royal Dragon Fly Awards: Winner
USA Best Book Awards: Finalist

Now I enjoy every single book in the 3L Publishing catalog. But this year I've decided to call-out those books that somehow touched my life in 2014. Josh Mathe's In the Footsteps of Greatness, now a twice-award winner (and expect those awards to pile up) stands out for literally inspiring me to trek over to REI to look at backpacking supplies. Am I an endurance sports athlete? No. Am I even much of a backpacker? No. BUT that is not why I was inspired by Josh's eloquence. I love the back-country, yes. But it was Josh's tenacity, spirit and commitment to hike the 212-mile John Muir Trail in one week that just moved me -- period. His reflection and ability to honestly describe his challenges (personal) made the book a must-read. Anyone who has always wanted to do something and felt daunted should read this motivational and inspiring book. Support the author and buy it off the 3L website (click here). Amazon doesn't need more business!! But Josh's literary aspirations can always use support by his audience. And if you want to get that special someone a great book, this one will work.

And I want to say something about Josh Mathe -- he is genuinely an impressive nice person. Every interaction I have ever had with him was positive and rewarding. He has this lovely energy and positive vibe about him. You know some people you meet and you just can't help but like them? That is Josh Mathe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom