I'm Just Saying: Ageless Behavior

So I'm at this party and I have this fellow come up to me. We're chatting and somewhere along the way, I said, "You know people our age," as this fellow looked in my demographic. He replied, "People our age? How old are you?" I replied, "45," to which he refuted this as truth. It got to the point where I had to have Malia as my witness that I had, indeed, confessed the truth. This discussion then took a decidedly strange turn toward remarks how that just didn't seem possible. Look at the collagen in my expression lines and the resilience of my skin and the lack of wrinkles on my forehead. I have to tell you Friend-Os this was the oddest form of a compliment I've ever received. I began to wonder if he is a plastic surgeon. I half wondered if I should get out the Sharpe so he could prep my face for surgery (of course, the real gist was that I apparently didn't need it), but really odd! It seems now in this beauty-obssessed world, we all apparently have awareness of our collagen or lack thereof (in some cases). Do you suppose in the days pre-Restilyn that anyone knew anything other than, "You look good for your age?" I'm just saying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom