- My blog is about publishing, business and marketing (and I occasionally sprinkle in humor) -- check.
- I write about broad interest and general topics, too -- check.
- I include pictures when I have them to post -- check.
- I think over my "labels" very carefully -- check.
- I "think" my writing is good LOL (insecure writer syndrome) -- check.
You realize I've just posed the marketing questions of the blog world, right? What are your takeaways? That like book audiences you really never know what is going to strike an audience to go crazy over your material. Some people just seem to put their fingers on the pulse of society and tastes at just the right moment -- timing, luck and intuition. The last two things are a little tricky. BUT the major key to that statement: if you don't market or promote at all you won't have an audience, period. So the real truth: try, try, and try again. Something should eventually stick. If you don't try you get what you get -- nothing.