Friday Morning Musings -- the Cat ... Again

Who me?
Today's humor comes from (where else) my loud-mouthed cat, Bill.

My boyfriend Kirk, who picked him out with me at the SPCA, asked me, "Was the cat meowing too loudly again?"

"He always meows too loudly -- it's in his job description," I dryly replied.

"We should have looked more closely at his job description," said Kirk with a chuckle.

And, of course the cat is jumping on the pillows on the sofa, because those are his favorites. Bill could spend an entire hour twirling, tumbling and tossing those pillows with little notice of anything else around him. My other least favorite Bill activity is for him to get on his hind legs and pounce on my leg (as I'm walking through the room). Another uninvited pounce involves my feet at the base of the bed where I'm folding clothes and a paw briskly with claws extended comes from beneath the bed ruffle to rudely scratch the top of my foot. And finally, we have the infamous toilet-paper game in which Bill claws the roll, pulls it down, and shreds it with his claws -- all over the floor! "Surprise, Mom! Look at the mess I made. Are you proud?"

And finally, there is the morning meow or more like yoooowwwwwlllllll promptly at 6 a.m. to ensure that as the sun rises, we all know that 1. Bill is awake and 2. he wants to be fed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

New Book Release -- Better Dirty Than Done