Marketing Content for Success

I blog almost daily. I don't blog on Sundays (my fingers day of rest). I use Blogger, which has analytics to measure traffic to the site. The "Stats" show which articles are viewed, and the numbers. The average page views per day for this blog are about 50-75. I am always looking for ways to increase readership. Labels or keywords are what pull traffic to the blog. If you blog, pay attention to what "labels" work for your readership to increase.

Let me digress. Does your blog have analytics? If not, you should either attach that feature or find a new blog system that provides it. Blogging without measurement of readership is like riding your bike blind: you don't know where you're going and you can crash and burn. What is the point of just slapping up random content that no one reads? I know some bloggers don't care and slap it there anyway. But if you blog for your business you should care. Education-based marketing, which is what good blogs for business should accomplish, provides expertise, knowledge and insight for readers. Pay attention to what your readers want to read and hone in on that subject matter.

Now I have found two trains of thought:

General interest requires broad interest material: for example I post movie reviews to attract general readership. Within that general readership I hope to attract a segment that might be interested in my services. The overall general readers might also tell others (other writers or business people) about my company. So general interest can work twofold: to attract a specific market segment and increase overall visibility for your company and services, which results in word-of-mouth marketing.

Target or niche marketing: more specific material aimed at my market niche attracts specific readers (readers like authors, writers, editors, business people who need marketing and PR). Education-marketing aimed at my specific target market attracts the exact reader I need to reach to increase visibility for my business 3L Publishing (www.3LPublishing.com). Now one caveat: don't expect work to come directly from your blog. People or readers generally use things like blogs to check out your company. A blog is a part of a "process" of what we'll call vetting the company. While the blog may influence a decision, it typically is not the sole reason why a prospect choses your company.

My company provides blog content for individuals and businesses. If you would like to hire us to provide blog services, send an email to info@3LPublishing.com or call 916-300-8012.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom