Random Thoughts about the Post Office

Since I temporarily took over operations and fulfillment I have visited the Post Office more time than I can count. The workers know me. Here are some little-known facts about the Post Office.

Did you know they won't give you tape? Well, they won't give you anything at all. Tape costs $3.50 per roll. Even if you need a piece "yaye" big ... nope! Sorry. As a result, I have "tape sympathy". I can't tell you how many times a poor, frustrated citizen has been about to mope off when I've turned around and offered him/her tape. I feel sorry for the "tape-less" who now have to either spend $3.50 for an inch of tape or go across the road to Wal-Mart -- and god forbid anyone have to visit the aisles of Wal-Mart, so I offer it up like a loaf of bread to a starving person.

Media mail better not have any advertisements in it ... cause you know "it's subject to inspection". I had this immediate image of the Postal Police rushing in the door. "Stop! Open that package! A-ha! A business card! Send it back!"

"Anything liquid, perishable or lithium batteries." I have heard that phrase so many times I've memorized it. No, no and no. I have wondered aloud if the workers get sick of saying it. The lady laughed and said she's just used to it and doesn't even think about it. I had another image of the Disney voice saying, "Keep head, arms and legs" in the boat" (Small World). I need to say that in Spanish, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

5 Great DIY Tips to Promote Your Book

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011