Friday Morning Musings: "You Don't Know What You Don't Know"

It's Friday so I need to amuse myself. Oh so serious all week. A little levity is required. I've decided my brain is in overload with too many details. I misspelled my client's last name in a pitch ... Carol SHAVER not SHAFER. Carol gamely pointed it out to which I chuckled, "brain fart". A few of those this week. Fart! Fart! Fart! You know sometimes there really IS a devil in the details.

I'm writing a training manual for my new operations manager -- this after I realized a simple explanation would not suffice. I've got a Catch-22 though. I am doing operations because she's not trained and that means I don't have time to write the manual which I need to do so she can do operations. Now I understand where the phrase Catch-22 came from ... well actually that's a book I read once that I remember thinking, "Do I understand this?"

It's funny how our brains develop, and a book we read at age 20 we don't necessarily understand vs. reading that same book at 40. I know all 20-year-olds think they do know it all ... but truthfully experience is the biggest teacher on the planet. I've coined a new phrase that I adore, "You don't know what you don't know," and that especially applies to life and experiences you think are either super bad or amazingly great. Until you've truly had either of those experiences (and I mean this to extremes) you just can't say so. The only two phrases that apply are: This is the best experience of my life ... or ... this is the worst experience of my life. The key words are "my life". Until you've had the real deal (let's say it together), "You don't know what you don't know." And that's my Friday Morning Musing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

New Book Release -- Better Dirty Than Done