ADD of Writing and Publishing

Today's rant is to make fun of myself. I am down in Marina del Rey taking care of a close friend who had surgery on her ankle and is stuck in bed. I have my trusty laptop, and my scattered mind to keep me productive today. First, I woke up this morning thinking about my forthcoming book Body in the Trunk. In my distracted fashion, I was thinking, "Hmmm ... I'm not sure I'm happy with that premise. I think I'll map out a new direction and adjust the manuscript." Then I thought, "Oh, I better write that down or I'll forget my new direction." Of course, I got up and thought, "Oh, I need coffee." My gal pal doesn't drink coffee. So off to the local cafe to grab my "dark roast" and then back. As I escaped outside I looked and around and sighed, "Oh, I forgot how nice the weather is in Marina del Rey." (I used to live here.). Then I trekked back to the apartment, and thought, "Oh, I need to check email." Then I saw a new chapter submitted by an author and I thought, "Oh, I need to edit that today." As I tried to download the manuscript, I noticed some other urgent matters brewing with some print production and a legal issue. "Oh, let me answer those ..." Then I remembered, "Oh yeah. I need to write down that storyline." "Oh, wait! I need to blog." And then I remembered to write down the story line and then realized I still needed to blog. But wait! I needed to first blog for another client. "Oh, don't forget to give Sonja her pills." ...

OMG! Do you ever just want to shoot yourself in the head? LOL ... and that my friends is a brief glimpse into the brain of an over-active mind. Here is my new mantra: focus, focus, focus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom