Dear Soul Mate...

I have been waiting for you in the sky-painted night
I have dreamed of you and felt you in my bed
I have brushed the tips of my fingers against my wish for you

I once thought I could persuade your heart
Coax you into my awaiting arms
Yet like a timid creature it moved, it shied away

Dear Soul Mate,

I am waiting
Can you feel me?
Do you know me?
When will you come be with me?

The answers are more riddles
The questions more obvious

Dear Soul Mate,

I have waited so long now
Time has ticked away
Dust become ashes
Timber become petrified
My warm heart melting in the heat

Dear Soul Mate,

Are you out there?
Do you hear me?
Do you want me?
Because I want you!
Michelle Gamble

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

Cats are Trending - Kitty Wisdom