FAQ with New Author Stacey Cotter


What is the Harris Estate about?
Harris Estate is an alluring mystery that takes our protagonist, Leah Murphy, from San Francisco, California to Oakdale, Texas when she inherits a long abandoned ranch estate. A grisly discovery on the property sparks an investigation with local authorities, which opens up Pandora's box and everything Leah knew about her life is changed forever. During the trials and tribulations, her marriage is tested, her desires are amplified, and she has decisions to make that will affect everyone she loves.

Why did you write the book?
In January, my grandmother passed away at the age of 96. We celebrated her life and the love that she gave to all of us.  Like many people after losing someone special, I found myself analyzing my life, past, present and future. A week after the service, I was on a several-days-long road trip for work when I drove past an abandoned farmhouse.  My mind and imagination went into overdrive as I was curious what had taken place there over the past decades.  By the time I finished work and was checked into my hotel, I had a blank Word document in front of me begging for words. That night I wrote the first chapter of Harris Estate and had the entire novel written within just a few weeks. The story and words just poured out of me, sometimes faster than I could fathom.  Writing a novel was something that I had always wanted to do, but there was always an excuse or reason not to do it.

Who is your favorite character in the Harris Estate and why?
The story is centered around our lead character, Leah Murphy, who I would deem as my favorite character in Harris Estate.  Being a wife, mother and associate of a family-run IT Firm makes Leah a very busy, yet relatable character.  So many of us are constantly juggling various activities in our daily life, I felt that it was vital for our main character to be someone that we could all relate to. 

What theme in the book do you hope readers understand and take away from it?
I’m in hopes that the reader enjoys taking a wild ride that makes them question what they might do in the various scenarios that our characters are thrown into. My goal is for them to experience the same range of emotions:  shock, fear, humor, passion and vengeance. Harris Estate, is the type of book that allows you to escape the day-to-day stresses of life, and take you into another person’s life of challenges and personal strife.

This book is your first novel. What are your plans for the future?
Writing Harris Estate has opened up a door that I had always kept securely closed.  Taking the risk and finally jumping in with both feet, has freed my imagination and put it into overdrive.  Since the decision was made to publish, I have gone ahead and written several more stories.  Harris Estate, The Aftermath, is the sequel and the conclusion to Harris Estate.  That novel has already been written and it is in the final editing phase. Closure, a heart-wrenching novel of mystery and revenge, has been written and I am optimistic for release in 2017.   Finally, The Faithful One, is an in-depth philosophical novel that takes symbolism to another level and offers the reader a way to analyze their lives and how they live it.  That is currently in the works and more are coming to mind each and every day.

Where can readers buy a copy of the book?
It releases nationwide November 1 on Amazon in the print edition for $18.95. The eBook edition will be available in Kindle, Nook and iBook. Readers can also go to the 3L Publishing website at www.3LPublishing.com to get a copy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Building Sexual Tension Between Characters

In Loving Memory -- John Andrew Gamble, 1962-2011

New Book Release -- Better Dirty Than Done